Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Season of Giving



We are just a few days away from Thanksgiving, this season known for a time of family, gracefulness and giving.  What are you grateful for?  What does family mean to you?  Most importantly, what are you giving?  All good soul searching questions I think we should be asking ourselves daily and then taking that information and doing something.  The United States was hit with some powerful storms this year, it was an awesome time of gratefulness and giving and appreciation for our loved ones.  Many people came together to help those in need, which was much needed amidst the negative spirit that lingers over this nation currently. 

Well I’ll start, I’m grateful for my faith in God, as life constantly changes, He remains unchanged!  I am certainly  grateful for the many material possessions, but more importantly the loved ones I get to share them with.  Family to me, are the people God places in my life to be a part of my daily life’s challenges and celebrations.  Some are by blood, others are by love.  It is the people I can go to for a laugh, to be silly and share in my deepest moments.  Lastly how am I giving?  I hope that this post gives someone a quiet moment to stop and just be present.  To acknowledge all of God’s goodness and relish  in the love they have all around them.  But, I am also giving encouragement, charity donations and support.  Sometimes the smallest things we do can have the largest impact.  I have received some great gifts over the years, but those gifts break, stop fitting and stop meeting my current needs.  That’s why the best gifts I have received have been time spent making life long memories with those I love.  Not every gift has to cost you.  A smile or a compliment might be all someone needs to keep pushing through their day.  I hope you will take some time today and make a kind gesture that could change someone’s day.

I’ve done my soul searching for today, now why don’t you do yours, and share with a friend.  We can all use a few quiet, positive moments in our daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment