Friday, October 31, 2014

HE knows the Plan

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.“ Jeremiah 29:11

I like to end my Sunday evening before going to bed with a big prayer.  I pray for my week ahead, for my family, my friends and any other specific things that touch my heart.  While I was praying this week it hit me, I’m praying for my way with total disregard for His way.  As the scripture above reads, He Knows the plan for my life, I may think I know but I have no idea!  Furthermore, what I think is good, may be totally opposite of what He knows.  God is not caught off guard by anything that happens to us.

So it made me take a step back and say, if He knows the plan, why not just tap into Him and hear His plan and act accordingly.  Because again, He already knows, we’re just sitting back taking guesses and that does us no good.  He knows what’s ahead for us and is waiting for us to submit to His will.  I think sometimes we get so busy telling God what our plans are that we forget He already knows the end of our story and if we would just listen to Him; we too will know and things will work out in our favor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment